I’ve found what I believe to be Julissa Brisman’s date of birth. This is based on an interview with her mother in which she states that: “This [April, 24th] would be her 26th birthday” (source: Marin Finucane, Boston Globe article: http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/) According to this information, Julissa’s birthday would be April 24th, 1983.
Julissa’s Sun would be @ 3° Taurus, opposed by Saturn @ 0° Scorpio Rx, her Moon would be either Virgo or Libra, depending on her time of birth. Her Mars @ 13° Taurus, her Mercury (dispositor of her Venus)@ 23° Taurus conjoining Chiron @ 25° Taurus, Venus @ 12° Gemini (out of bounds @ 24N) , opposed by Uranus@ 8° Sagittarius and Jupiter @ 9° Sag. Her Pluto is @ 27° Libra. Neptune is @ 29° Sag. Her Nodes are: NN 27° Gemini and of course SN @ 27° Sag.
Since I don’t have a time of birth, I’m using a sunrise chart for both J.B. and Philip Markoff.
I’m not only curious about her natal chart, but the synastry (natal and progressed) between J.B. and P.M. Certain things jump out at me at first glance. The Lunar Nodes, for one. Markoff’s natal North Node is @ 3° Taurus, exactly conjunct Brisman’s Sun. If the North Node represents our soul’s path, then this suggests a karmic link between the victim and alleged perpetrator (to state the obvious). The composite Sun for the two charts is 28°Pisces34″. Interesting – almost the last degree of the zodiac. Also of interest is that on April 14th, retrograde Venus was about to station direct at 29° Pisces, conjunct their composite Sun. Also, transiting Mars was at 24° Pisces, within 5 degrees of the composite Sun. Mars can indicate violence of course. But Venus, why Venus? Maybe there’s a correlation between Venus retrograde on the composite Sun and these two individuals finding each other (past life relationship?….who knows.) I know that this kind of tragedy doesn’t only take place when Venus is retrograde, but remember – when Venus is retrograde – what you see (in others) is not always what you get. Also in the composite chart, Mars is at 24° Aquarius, transited by Chiron, Jupiter and Neptune. I’ll study the composite chart and relationship charts more if and when we ever get exact birth times. Moving on to Julissa’s Solar Arc progressed Sun. It’s positioned at 28°Taurus51″. 29 Taurus is a critical degree (this is a hair away) since it’s the position of the Pleiades, or the “Weeping Sisters”, a group of stars associated with tragedy and sometimes violent death (according to Astrologer Celeste Teal). Yes, the progressed chart, when connected to fixed star positions is quite significant. Celeste Teal’s book has a chapter on the subject of the Pleiades:
There’s so much more. His Pluto at 7° Scorpio opposing her Sun, Mars and even more closely, her Sun/Mars midpoint. In any case, I’d be curious what others have to say about the Nodal connection and anything else you see. this was just a cursory look at the two charts. I’ll be studying this more and would appreciate it if anyone could let me know the time of birth on either P.M or Julissa Brisman (difficult as that may be to find).
Please see my previous post on Philip Markoff: Philip Markoff : The Aquarius Who “Wouldn’t Hurt a Fly” | astrologic.us. – and remember – he’s innocent until proven guilty.
Blessings & Peace.
Philip Markoff was born on February 12th, 1986 (according the the Boston municipal court criminal complaint). His Moon is Aries (assuming he was born in NY state), Mercury in Pisces (3°) square Mars and Saturn in Sagittarius , Venus in Aquarius (29°) conjunct Jupiter (28°) and the Sun (23°). Remember the aspects on the April 14th? There was a Mars / Uranus conjunction (early morning on the 15th) and the Moon was in Sag squaring both on the 14th. That’s when he allegedly murdered “masseusse” Julissa Brisman. Sad story indeed. I’m always curious when someone’s outward persona (in Markoff’s case, the “clean-cut” guy, med student) masks a hideous shadow side. It’s been reported that P.M. had a gambling problem. I don’t doubt it, with his natal Sun, Venus, Jupiter conjunction being transited by Neptune (addiction), Jupiter (the negative expression being excess, going too far, feeling overconfident) and Chiron (the “wounded healer”). He had also volunteered in an ER, possibly while struggling with his own personal demons. He was also experiencing his first Uranus square to his natal Uranus. This is often a rebellious time we go through in our early 20′s and probably not the best time to get married. There was an attack on a prostitute in Boston on April 10th as well and law enforcement is investigating whether Markoff had any involvement. On April 10th, transiting Mars (moving closer to the conjunction to transiting Uranus) was forming a square to P.M’s natal Uranus. This can be a sudden act of violence in someone who is predisposed. Markoff’s Mercury had (secondary) progressed into Aries at around the age of 18, and had recently stationed retrograde forming a square to his Neptune in Capricorn. (Transiting Pluto was also squaring his P2 Mercury) Think he was delusional? Secondary progressed planets, stationing either retrograde or direct, point to a major turning point in life. This is especially true if that planet is the chart ruler, or rules one of the angles. Perhaps P.M. is Gemini rising, with Mercury being the chart ruler. I’m sure he has an interesting 12th house as well. Hopefully we’ll get a time of birth soon. It will make for a fascinating case study (esp. if you’re a Scorpio like me).
Julissa Brisman was a 26 year old Taurus. I don’t know her exact date of birth yet. Please let me know if you find it.
Blessings and peace.
Update: I checked out P.M.’s midpoints. Among the more interesting spots are: Venus square Uranus/Pluto, Mars=Neptune/Pluto, and at this point I don’t have a time of birth, however a sunrise TOB places his Moon at 5° Aries and his Sun/Moon midpoint @ 14 Pisces. Saturn will oppose that point when it stations direct next month. A morning birth is also suggested since transiting Pluto would be squaring his natal Moon. His Venus/Pluto midpoint is 3° Capricorn, the place of Pluto’s retrograde station on 4/4/09 – a week before his alleged crime spree. Obviously this puts a damper on all the romantic Neptunian wedding plans. His Sun/Pluto is 0° Capricorn, where Pluto will station again in early September. This point is also squared by his secondary progressed Mercury @ 1° Aries Rx, as mentioned previously.
The Moon entered Pisces this morning and over the next two days will conjoin Venus, Mars and Uranus at the end of Pisces. The drama! The emotion! Venus and Mars will be conjunct on Tuesday evening. Some people will end relationships, others will meet someone new. Some will do both. By the end of the week Venus and Mars will both enter Aries and square Pluto within the following several days. Power struggles involving money and love make this a challenging transition. If you crave excitement, this is your week.
Here’s our monthly Solar Astrology outlook for all 12 signs. If you know your ascendant, you may read that as well. As you know, Solar, or “Sun sign” Astrology is only a glimpse of what’s happening in your life and where your focus is. True astrological insight is gained by studying your entire chart - and the transits and progressions you’re experiencing.
- Aries – Job certainly wasn’t an Aries, probably a Taurus, if you ask me. In any case, you’re gonna need a little more patience this month – at least until the 22nd. The first five days of April could be pretty frustrating if you insist on forcing your agenda. A power struggle could ensue at the end of the month (around the 26th). Your friends and the groups you belong to are still a valuable source of support and inspiration.
- Taurus – You may be in a contemplative mood right now, but you’ll probably have more to say after the 9th. Relationships could improve after the 17th when your ruling planet, Venus goes direct. Your career should be hitting on all cylinders, this month and most of the year.
- Gemini – The first four days of the month could be frustrating. Try not to push. “They” say you only get one chance to make a good first impression. But being a Gemini, you’ll have another chance to be in the spotlight between the 11th and 24th. Now that you’ve had a chance to re-evaluate your friendships (especially with women), you have to decide who’s a keeper. There’s potential for a big splash around the 15th.
- Cancer – Cancers born in late June are having relationship issues at the beginning of this month. Power struggles possibly involving money. Handsome strangers (or pretty, as the case may be) from a distant land may appear mid-month…or maybe it’s just your hot Math professor. Oh yeah….a little message to Derek Jeter – be careful with her (and get a rock solid pre-nup should the occasion arise).
- Leo – You and your partner may have quite a different agenda when it comes to money. Stay the course. Read the Ant and the Grasshopper again if you have to. Being that the Mars/Uranus conjunction takes place in your Solar eighth house – on April 15th – H&R Block may have a little surprise for you. Remember – no shortcuts in that department.
- Virgo – You work so hard, just trying to do your job and be responsible. So why is everyone giving you a hard time? It’s Mars and it should pass by the 22nd. Partners are unpredictable this month. Relationships get real interesting between the 11th and 24th, and especially explosive on the 15th.
- Libra – Your love life has probably been wacko since Venus went retro last month. Good news is, it goes direct on the 17th, helping you sort things (and people) out. If you’re trying to have a baby, yes this is probably your year. Your baby could be in the form of a creative project too. Take care of your feet! Really.
- Scorpio – That property in Portugal (or was it Brazil?) is very tempting right now (you know, the one with the moat around it?). I’d advise you to hold off until September, but you’re gonna do things your way.
- Sagittarius – The tug of war between career and home continues. Between your public and private life. Home and family are where the action is right now. Sudden changes on the home front are possible around the 15th.
- Capricorn – Those Capricorns born in late December are having a rather intense few days to start this month. Remember, even Gordon Gecko needed love. Rent the DVD of “Wall Street”. Shane McGowan, please take care of yourself…we don’t want to lose you.
- Aquarius – You’re simply blessed and inspired right now. Don’t feel like it? That’s Chiron being the fly in the ointment at the moment. If you can manage to get out of bed in the morning and not have to bathe your neurons in SSRIs then you’re doing well. Try not to live through your partners at the moment.
- Pisces – I bet you’re tired of running up against that brick wall. Watch your actions over the first few days of the month..ya wouldn’t want to shoot yourself in the foot (so to speak). Life could get pretty exciting and things could open up around the 15th, but you’ll have very little impulse control at that time. The 11th through 24th could bring a love interest, but check ‘em out real good before running off to Vegas.
Blessings to all.