Here’s a look at January 2009 for the whole gang. If you know your ascendant, you can read that too.
- Aries - If you aren’t ready for a promotion at work, then no one is. You’ve probably been champing at the bit for weeks now, but careful, you wouldn’t want to be perceived as a threat to the folks in charge (or would you?). Lust for power could become an issue. Let your work speak for itself and use this time to network. As you may know from Sun Tsu’s “Art of War”, one needs allies. With Mercury retrograde (beginning 1/11) in your Solar 11th house near Jupiter and the North Node, it’s time to meet up with old contacts. The clubs, organizations and groups you belong to are your key to success, not only this month but all year. Secret admirers will be revealed next month. Sit tight. Yeah…that sounds very National Enquirer-y doesn’t it? But seriously, as Claude Rains said in “Casablanca” : “This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship”.
- Taurus - Some Astrologers refer to Jupiter as the planet of “luck”. Now, most prefer to use words such as “growth”, expansion”, and “opportunity” to characterize Jupiter’s effect. All of this applies to your public persona and your career at the moment. Take advantage of this time and you will get noticed (in a positive way). You really do have an opportunity to fulfill your life’s purpose now (Remember Steve Martin in that movie?). Pluto and Saturn forming trines to your sign allow you to move ahead with cooperation from the Universe. A friend could turn into an FWB around the 22nd, but think twice as there could be a price to pay for a momentary lapse of judgement.
- Gemini - Thinking about changing your major? Again? That’s cool…this time it’s probably going to work for you. The old adage is: When the student is ready, the teacher will come. You may have a wise teacher/guru/mentor appear to help you. Pay attention. For older folks, long out of college – it’s never too late, especially for a Gemini, to learn, grow and seek some version of enlightenment. Whether it’s college courses or an ECK seminar, find inspiration. Travel if you can. Rediscover your faith. Oh yeah – keep an eye on your joint bank accounts this month. Fight for a lower interest rate if possible.
- Cancer - It’s mostly about your one on one close relationships right now. You may have a “grass is greener on the other side….” outlook this month with Venus in your Solar 9th house, but how well do you know this person? It’s easy when there’s a distance, especially when someone closer to home is driving you crazy. Even if that’s not the scenario, your future relationship(s) won’t resemble anything you’ve experienced before and will transform you. Turning points this month are around the 11th and the 22nd. Mercury is retrograde beginning 1/11, and you may be thinking about your loans or a refi. That’s fine, but there are likely to be paperwork snafus. You may want to hold off ’til next month. In fact, with Jupiter in your Solar 8th house all year, you may be fortunate in dealing with banks and insurance companies in ’09. Heck, if you’re lucky, Aunt Sadie might even put you in her will.
- Leo – The lion(ess) has had to work harder for the money over the last year or so. The belt tightening continues, but this is a good thing. Regardless of what eharmony or match.com say, there is no perfect person or relationship. Every one of us has our share of wounds, baggage, and B.S.. To quote Joni Mitchell ” I know no one’s going to show me everything…We all come and go unknown” (from her song “Hejira”) This is not to say you should become an enabler and make excuses for your partner. If there are trust issues (projection?) try Googling: “home polygraph test”.
- Virgo - You keep pluggin’ along don’t you? Once upon a time there was an ant and a grasshopper….and you know the moral of that story very well: “Idleness brings want. To work today is to eat tomorrow. It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.” (Aesop’s fables, wikipedia). All true of course, but it’s time for a physical tune up or you’ll be one worn out little ant. Venus in your Solar 7th house could attract a partner this month (another fixer upper?). Don’t forget to seek out fun and recreation. Remember that? All work and no play can make Virgo a dull girl.
- Libra - Right now your children need your attention. Don’t have any? Focus on your heart’s desire. Self doubt or not – (re)discover your creative bliss. In any case, you’re expending a lot of energy back on the ranch. Home improvement resolutions should extend to family improvement resolutions. Your progeny will make you proud soon.
- Scorpio - So you’ve found your voice…and people are listening too. Thing is, there’s still a lot of activity on the home front that requires your undivided attention. You still may have to deal with obnoxious neighbors and siblings, but it does look like this is the beginning of a new improved domestic situation for you. In other news, you’re still whittling down the number of people you call your friend.
- Sagittarius - So this is going to be the year you create wealth. No doubt, this is the beginning of that process. But what does wealth mean to you? Try to avoid impulse spending this month. Other news: We know you always tell it like it is, but choose your words carefully now. Try anyway. You may find yourself munching on a few of them. That said, you do need to communicate, speak, write, get out there and share your knowledge and opinions. How about a travel blog?
- Capricorn - You’re in “beast mode” right about now. You have some serious financial opportunities this year if you play it right. Money could also slip through your hands like H2O if you’re not careful. On that note, if possible hold off on major financial decisions until February.
- Aquarius - Here it is Aquarius, your time has arrived. Some Astrologers will tell you that this is your year.. In a way it is. It’s a big silver lining headed in your direction. Make the most of the opportunities that come your way now. You should be feeling better about your future than you have in a while (especially early Aquarians, born in late Jan.)
- Pisces - As tough as relationships have been for the last 16 months, January comes as a bit of a relief. You still have some lessons to learn in that area, but with the attention you receive this month, at least you’ll know that you’ve still “got it”. Interesting choices between the 22nd and 24th. Breakups, infatuations, and drama. Love and respect yourself. Avoid pushy friends if possible.
Hopefully these snippets are amusing. Please understand, a real Astrology consultation is based on your chart, calculated by a professional Astrologer using your date, time and place of birth. For details on getting a personal consultation go to StarTalk Consulting
Peace, love and understanding.
© 2009 S.A. Hopkins, all rights reserved